Sunday, June 3, 2007

Sir David

How could you touch this young heart of mine?
How could you make me look at those I refused most to see?
How could you make me listen to the truth as you speak?
How could you be so truthful when the world is so naïve?

In my life I came across to one garaged poet,
He’s stuffed with empathy, honesty and ‘oh’ so much more
The once only enjoyable “past-time chatterbox”,
Now something to look forward to, a talking encyclopedia

As much as he knows is as much as he shares
As much as he talks, he listens even more.
He knows the Latin, the Irish, and the Greek
They don’t matter at all, his words are always strong

What an honor to meet an exceptional man
I call him my teacher, my mentor, a friend.
Now I know the answers to all my confusions
Because I was so inept, through him I got a purpose

Talking to him is like living in a library
Missing him for a day is like being absent in school
And no matter how high the ambiguity may be
His heart is huge and a real down to earth.

I understand now, why he opened my heart
Empower my visions and uplift my consciousness
To God I thank my destiny included him
Meeting a man like David is surely I can call a blessing

©(02-2007)

No comments: