Saturday, June 23, 2007

My Easter Eggs

This morning I woke up at seven
I have a good night sleep, almost heaven
It is Sunday today, I know
There is no rain, no hail nor snow

It’s the day of a celebration
Recognition of world’s salvation
As Christ suffered and died on the cross
Today He has risen, it’s Easter all across

Children are dressed in pastels with bunny ears
While Dads and Uncles keep eggs for their peers
Dollar bills, jelly beans, sour drops and chocolates
Encapsulated inside for egg hunting “escapades”

Search hi and lo, all around, to and fro
Whoever got the most will be considered a “pro”
Enjoyable to watch with giggles and wiggles
Kids with baskets, parents joyfully mingle

This morning I woke up at seven
It is a beautiful day, almost like heaven
It is indeed Easter, Sunday Glorious Day
But my bunny had my eggs and I didn’t see him today

(04-2007)

No comments: