Sunday, June 3, 2007

Nine

I remember those days
In that hospital bed I lay
Anxious, scared and excited
In my small heart all impacted

Never in my life, I ever felt alone
Up were giant spotlights and busy irritating phones
I was out there by the hallway, on a stretcher I lay
Restless footsteps, swinging doors banging, surgeons on their way

I never been this afraid, so left out when I was nine
On my way to the OR the doctor said “You’ll be fine”
Finally I was pushed into a “heaven-like”, white room
All I hear were clinks, clanks, hisses and pooms!

The excruciating pain from the surgery I’ve gone through
In the recovery room, with my Mom who was in tears too
The kindness and love, her kisses and caresses
The feelings of loneliness, this time just ceases

Never in my life, again I will feel so alone
Life is full of surprises, obstacles and repairs
If I have survived the pain when I was nine
Then nothing else can be scary ‘til I reach ninety-nine.

©(03-2007)

No comments: