Saturday, September 15, 2007

The Scented Candle

Romantic glow of a lit scented candle
Burning Jasmine and Rose
Giving it's best to soothe the aching heart
And relieve the mind from confusion
Tears in my eyes, palms cold as ice
In the heat of Summer Skies, the night seemed hollow and cold
Where is the body that warms me up?
The arms that wrap around me?
Your kisses that calms my staggered soul?
The whispers, the breath, the touch?
Where are you? And all these things you give to me?
The candle wax were all melted
Yet, the loneliness I felt inside have not surpassed
I need you, I long to be with you
I never wanted the scent of my hair to be forgotten
My smile that used to tickle your heart
The sensuous kiss, the feel of my skin
I want you to remember always
I am here, I still am
Never had left through an open door
I refused to leave
I prefer to sit here and wait
Until you find your way back to my empty shell
And begin filling me up
Then and here another candle will be lit
©(07-2007)

No comments: